Wednesday, 8 August 2012
To cross GFW using SSH
Today, I tried to use SSH Forwarding to cross GFW. I don't care Chinese politics, but GFW prevent me from accessing a few good sites, e.g. google search engine, google document, google blogger, facebook, etc.
I succeeded after trying 1 hour. Here is my steps:
My OS is Ubuntu12.04 AMD64 bit Desktop.
1.You should get a remote server outside of China
My company rents a Ubuntu server from Amazon, sshd server is installed already.
2.Using the following command to launch ssh forwarding:
ssh -N -v -i mykey.ssh -D localhost:8888 ubuntu@amazon_server
Some explanations below:
-N means don't execute remote command
-v will display all details for debugging
-i mykey.ssh is my identity file for logging amazon server
-D means dynamic port forwarding
localhost:8888 means the local ssh will listen 8888 port on localhost
all requests to localhost:8888 will be forwarded to amazon_server
ubuntu is the username of amazon_server
3.Configure firefox to access localhost:8080 using socket5.
clieck Edit/Preferences menu, then select Advanced tab, click Network and press the Settings button for Connection.
Configure the dialog as following:
4. Remove any proxy plugin installed in Firefox. This costs me 30 minutes.
Enjoy it now.
- Try protojs serials : B. support C++
- Try protojs serials : A. install
- Nginx with basic authentication
- Flexigrid example two:in-place editor
- Flexigrid example one: load data without binding s...
- Installing Jenkins plugin manually
- Upgrade Jenkins on Ubuntu12.04
- Setup Ubuntu Cloud in VirtualBox:3.Add node server
- Setup Ubuntu Cloud in VirtualBox:2.Install MAAS se...
- Setup Ubuntu Cloud in VirtualBox:1.Create VirtualB...
- Cross GFW with Chrome
- To cross GFW using SSH
- China Merchants Bank Professional Edition with Vir...
- Emacs usage
- ▼ August (14)